We were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for 2018, the twelfth consecutive year. DJSI benchmarks sustainable best practices for investors, tracking performance by the world's leading companies in terms of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors. Company scores are based on management of ESG issues including corporate governance, risk management, branding and reputation, climate change mitigation, supply chain standards and labor practices. Our overall score puts us in the top 20% of companies operating in the North American natural gas and oil industry and earns us a place on the North American Index.
Our scores and ratings are important as they go into databases used by investors and financial institutions to compare ESG performance across companies.
Other recent notable ESG achievements include:
- The highest possible score in both the Environmental and Social QualityScore assessment by Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS), the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment solutions. The Environmental and Social QualityScore measures the quality of the data provided by companies on environmental and social issues, based on guiding frameworks and emerging standards. Each company is rated on key disclosures, omissions, and transparency.
- “B” score from CDP for reporting and management of climate issues. The industry average, CDP overall average, and S&P 500 average was a “C.” No natural gas and oil companies received an “A”.
- 11 out of 13 score from Disclosing the Facts: Transparency and Risk in Methane Emissions
- 41% on the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark (industry average is?29.4%)
- ‘AA’ rating from MSCI ESG, up from an 'A' rating in 2017